Posted: Saturday, June 10, 2017 1:19 PM
Alternate Locations: Omaha, NE (Nebraska)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long:term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE:LNC) and its affiliates. The company had 222 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2015.
Job Summary: The Senior LTD Benefit Specialist is responsible for the fair, ethical and timely management of complex LTD claims. They will fulfill a leadership responsibility to the team by coaching/mentoring and setting a strong example.
Essential Skills and Duties:
- Responsible for the investigation, evaluation, interpretation and determination of the most complex LTD disability claims with sound and impartial judgment.
- Perform independently using appropriate duration guidelines when necessary
- Facilitate effective transition of a STD claim to LTD
- Interpret contract provisions, vocational and medical information independently
- Solves problems independently
- Effectively explain the most complex claim situations
- Conducts high:level negotiations in identifying potential settlements
- Interpret contract provisions and medical records independently
- Interact with claimants, policyholders, attorneys, physicians and brokers directly either orally or written
- Responsible for internal and external customer satisfaction in the resolution of claim:specific issues.
- May act as a resource to our Legal department as it relates to compliance, legislative, legal and regulatory issues.
- Demonstrates positive leadership ability and a high level of self:leadership.
- Actively leads by example and by coaching, giving feedback, mentoring and improving quality of LTD claim practices.
- Works on complex projects at the discretion of the Supervisor, Disability Claims.
- Works closely with re:insurer on high benefit claims.
- Performs quality audits and assessments on newly hired Associate Benefit Specialists
- Distributes the work of absent employees under the supervision of the supervisor
:College degree or equivalent work experience is required
:Two to three years of LTD claims experience is preferred, or demonstrated proficiency in current job
:Able to read and correctly interpret a Disability contract is mandatory
:Strong knowledge of IBM software programs including but not limited to:
:Medical terminology is necessary
:Strong math skills are mandatory
:Must be decisive and action oriented
:Ability to use logic, accuracy and strict attention to detail is mandatory
:Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills are required
:Regular and predictable attendance is required
This position may be subject to Lincoln's Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln's current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
• Location: Omaha
• Post ID: 8814648 omaha