Prepare and display Deli foods for sale in accordance with Dillon standards and policies. Wait on customers and provide customer services. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Wait on customers and counter promptly and cheerfully. Greet customers and provide them with good quality foods.
- Be prompt, tactful, calm, courteous, and professional in all interactions.
- Must be able to communicate with customers and associates.
- Make clean, neat, and friendly impression on customers.
- Unload and store merchandise, prepare and display foods in accordance with Company standards, recipes, and policies - in compliance with Food Safety Policies and Procedures and Health Department regulations.
- Perform required temperature monitoring.
- Monitor product quality; make sure it is always fresh and safe.
- Keep sales areas, backrooms, and coolers clean and well organized.
- Keep carts, tools, equipment and supplies in their designated areas.
- Keep floors clean, safe, and free from clutter.
- Wash and sanitize cookware and utensils in accordance with Dillon and Health Department policies and procedures.
- Maintain proper signage, product rotation, freshness, quantity, quality and proper space allocation for merchandise.
- Maintain equipment and facilities properly and safely in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures, as well as State and Federal laws.
- Operate cash register in accordance with Company procedures, as applicable.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Willing to work evenings weekends and holidays.
- Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication skills that engage our customers and associates.
- Able to read shelf tags, signs, product labels, training materials, and bulletins.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, present information in a professional manner and work with all levels of the organization.
- Personal initiative and follow through to completion.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment and willingness to help all members of the department.
- Possess abilities and skills for effective production, merchandising, and customer services related to sale of merchandise.
- Must be able to work with various cleaning solutions, safely use sharp tools, and carefully operate all production equipment.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Past work record reflects dependability and integrity.
- Previous experience in food preparation.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to employment practices, safety, and food handling.
- Experience in grocery retail and customer service.
- Experience in operating a cash register and making change.
Education Level:? None
Required Certifications/Licenses:? None
Position Type:? Part-Time ?
Shift(s):? Day; Evening
• Post ID: 8981788 omaha