Perform general clean-up and stock work in the Meat Department and provide customer service. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Wait on customers and counter promptly and cheerfully. Greet customers and provide them with good quality food.
- Be prompt, tactful, calm, courteous, and professional in all interactions.
- Must be able to communicate with customers and associates.
- Make clean, neat, and friendly impression on customers.
- Unload and store merchandise, prepare and display foods in accordance with Company standards, recipes, and policies.
- Perform required temperature monitoring.
- Monitor product quality; make sure it is always fresh and safe.
- Keep sales areas, backrooms, and coolers clean and well organized.
- Keep floors clean, safe, and free from clutter.
- Wash and sanitize cookware and utensils in accordance with Dillon and Health Department policies and procedures.
- Maintain proper signage, product rotation, freshness, quantity, quality and proper space allocation for merchandise.
- Maintain equipment and facilities properly and safely in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures, as well as State and Federal laws.
- Operate cash register in accordance with Company procedures, as applicable.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Willing to work weekends and holidays.
- Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication skills that engage our customers and associates.
- Able to read shelf tags, signs, product labels, training materials, and bulletins.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, present information in a professional manner and work with all levels of the organization.
- Personal initiative and follow through to completion.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work with various cleaning solutions, safely use sharp tools, and carefully operate all production equipment.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Past work record reflects dependability and integrity.
- Previous experience in food preparation.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to employment practices, safety, and food handling.
- Experience in grocery retail and customer service.
Jobs at Dillons, Baker's, and Gerbes: At Dillons, Baker's, and Gerbes, we are always looking for friendly and reliable people for a variety of positions, including management opportunities for those with retail managemen
• Post ID: 8996618 omaha