Assist Department Manager with planning, organizing, training, and directing Bakery Department associates; perform production and customer service functions; maximize store sales and profits. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist the Department Manager in organizing work and training and scheduling associates to provide consistent courteous service.
- Respond promptly, tactfully, calmly, courteously, and professionally appropriately to customer or associate comments, complaints, requests, and questions.
- Use Computer Assisted Ordering to manage ordering appropriate quantities of merchandise and supplies, and insure proper accounting of product received and balance on hand.
- Perform and direct others in pricing and displaying of merchandise, proper signage, product rotation, freshness, quantity and quality.
- Prepare bakery items including cakes, tortillas, pastries, cookies by shaping/forming, baking, decorating.
- Maintain display kiosks around bakery by stocking product, rotating product, and marking product with prices.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Receive product and stock in freezer, cooler, or supply areas.
- Operate register.
- Engage yourself and counsel associates in effective, productive merchandising techniques, customer service, product presentation, and promotional activities.
- Implement company programs and adhere to company policies and procedures, particularly in the area of the maintenance of a work environment free of unlawful harassment or discrimination.
- Provide input on department budgets, goals, and results and maximize department and store sales and profits.
- Explain standards of performance to employees and work with them in achieving them.
- Maintain equipment and facilities properly and safely in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Assist on special projects such as periodic inventories, store resets, remodels, catering, weddings, and events.
- Demonstrate the ability and desire to promote, communicate and implement company initiatives and process improvements to direct reports in a positive manner.
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Willing to work weekends, and holidays.
- Strong, diplomatic written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated aptitude to manage people and organize workloads and make intelligent decisions quickly.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, present information in a professional manner and work with all levels of the organization.
- Personal initiative and follow through to completion.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Qualified and able to operate power machinery and work with various job tools-power jacks, box cutters, label guns, balers, and compactors.
- Able to tactfully and calmly handle stressful situations and make a positive impression on associates and customers.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Bakery work experience and understanding of all key components of department operations.
- Past work record reflects dependability and integrity.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to employment practices, safety, food handling.
Jobs at Dillons, Baker's, and Gerbes: At Dillons, Baker's, and Gerbes, we are always looking for friendly and reliable people for a variety of positions, including management opportunities for those with retail management experience. We offer competitive wages and benefits, a flexible schedule, and room for career advancement. If you're interested in a new opportunity with our company, complete an online application today.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly 443,000 associates who serve customers in 2,796 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states and the District of Columbia. Kroger and its subsidiaries operate an expanding ClickList offering a personalized, order online, pick up at the store service in addition to 2,253 pharmacies, 787 convenience stores, 324 fine jewelry stores, 1,439 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is recognized as one of Americas most generous companies for its support of more than 100 Feeding America food bank partners, breast cancer research and awareness, the military and their families, and more than 145,000 community organizations including schools. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: NE||Omaha|| 13250 W Maple Rd ||68164 || Baker's||[[mfield2]]||Customer Service; Deli/Bakery; Store Operations ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Full-Time|| None
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 11810862 omaha